Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Start


I will use this space to pass on to friends some of the interesting information I have learned from other blogs and web sites. My first article is from Lifehacker, and it is how "To Turn Netbooks into E-Book Readers" The article is here

It basically tells you to turn the NetBook on it side and change the screen display to portrait by holding down the [Ctrl] [Alt] and pressing the right [->] arrow key. You can set it back to landscape by holding down [Ctrl] [Alt] and pressing the [UP] arrow.

I have tried this and it works as described on our Asus Eee PC. The article will also recommend the an application "EeeRotate" that will also make your touch pad also rotate.

Later it review several downloadable book readers. I choose Mobipocket Reader Desktop, and it works great. The following is a snapshot of out Net Book in E-Book reader mode. The actual appearance is much clearer than the photos demonstrates. It is dark black lettering on a white background.

2 comments:

  1. I'll go with paper and ink--lighter and less trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie says:
    It works great. Not as good as having an E Book but since I already have a NetBook I will use that.

    ReplyDelete